eec egr scheme

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Mon Jun 8 05:15:28 GMT 1998

Uhmmmm john.  I don't know about fuel delivery but the main difference is
ignition timing.  When the ECU opens the EGR valve (and the EGR valve
position sensor confirms this) then ECU also advances the timing.  This
is to make up for the leaner mixture because lean mixtures burn slower
thus the advance timing.  The ECU does not lean things out at all.

What kind os EEC-IV do you have? i.e. speed density (MAP) or mass air
flow (MAF) ??
If you have MAF then don't worry about the size difference the MAF will
compensate.  What is your 215? Is that a Buick, I mean Rover V8 ??

HTH
jw