eec egr scheme

Gary Derian gderian at cyberdrive.net
Tue Jun 9 13:53:45 GMT 1998

Back in the mid 70's, EGR was added to engines at the same time ignition
timing was retarded.  This made very poor running engines.  An easy fix was
to disconnect the EGR.  Now, as Clive has said, EGR is better incorporated
into engine controls and is actually useful to reduce engine vacuum during
cruise which improves part throttle economy.  Rather than close the
throttle, add a bunch of inert gas to reduce power.  Clive, I would be
interested in your EGR dissertation.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>

<snip>