Hydrothermal Biomass-Fueled Engines

Frederick J Sparber fjsparb at sprintmail.com
Fri Jun 12 00:40:38 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov <lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Thursday, June 11, 1998 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: Hydrothermal Biomass-Fueled Engines

You wrote:

>     Depends.
>
>     If you are talking about introducing this into the intake stream at
>     the 1500-3200 PSI, then electronic fuel injectors are out. Most, if
>     not all, are designed to operate at around 100psi max before they lock
>     open. There may be special apps available, but I'm not aware of any.

The Cummins High Pressure Injector, U.S. Patent
#5,626,325 (May 6, 1997) implies that they are
looking to use such a beast.

>     As for what would work, I'd have to say a direct injection type setup
>     like they use on diesel engines. Perhaps you could modify it to
>     electronically control the hydraulics...would be pretty cool :)

Too Complicated, My Compression Actuated Injector and the GM compresion
actuated injectors that reference my patent are still not as simple as the
electromagnetic injectors.

Before going that route I'd start looking at
electrostrictive designs using piezo-electrics
or such. But that is why I'm checking out this list. Thot I might learn
something, and I am.

>     Sandia eh? Argonne is a lot better... ;)

LOL. Better at what?   :-)

Regards,   Frederick