EGO Output

Wayne.MacDonald at zurich.com.au Wayne.MacDonald at zurich.com.au
Fri Jun 12 01:55:47 GMT 1998

Is it OK to connect the EGO sensor directly to the A/D input of a 68HC11
processor or do I need some filtering/conditioning circuitry ?.
I am also getting very odd readings for the injector pulse width, I am
using a 4N25 to pull down one of the TIC inputs then changing the trigger
for the TIC to interupt on the rising edge when the injector is turned off,
I then calculate the pulse length from the difference in the 2 values. The
numbers I get from this are all over the place, I do not cater for the
timer overflow but as the timer overflow is 32.77 MS I would assume that
the pulse length should be much less than that. Do I need some sort of
filtering on the signal from the ECU ?.

     TIA
          Wayne