AFM calibration?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jun 12 06:17:51 GMT 1998

From: Chris Conlon <synchris at ricochet.net>
Subject: RE: AFM calibration?
>> >Should I instead forget the AFM and try to find
>> >another sensor that could be used instead?
>> IMHO making a MAP to AFM converter is the way to go, but noone
>> that has done that has posted the schematic.........
>> Use a MAP IAT, and RPM inputs, bingo.....
>
>Just in case anyone was wondering why I'm hanging around here, my current
project is a converter like this. It's a little more
>elaborate than perhaps it could be (feature creep, y'know), but I
>think it'll be pretty useful. When I finally get the darn thing
>going, that is. Anyone interested in the details, or collaborating,
>just drop me a line.
>There is some interest in this toy over on the MR2 list, and I have
>a spec-in-progress up at:
>http://ampa.pair.com/~meow/safa/safa.html
>   Chris C.

3 inputs, a PIC, and you're done, why redesign the universe?.
$45 MAP, $20 IAT sensor, and for way less than  C note your done.
What else do you need?.
Ya 16x16 tables and a laptop, but why?.  Maybe I'm getting too old
for all this high tech stuff, but Keeping it simple has been good for
me so far.. Put a pot in for temp correction, and 1 for MAP correction
for on the fly, and keep it dumb enough that someone else might
be able to use your work.
  Want to get way tricky for the turbo crowd use a 3 bar MAP.  Cover
up to what 29.4 PSI boost,  kewl enough
Cheers
Bruce