Nitrus injectors (was Hydrothermal Biomass-Fueled Engines)

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Jun 12 22:32:47 GMT 1998

>Can nitrous injecters be controlled like standard electronic fuel
>injecters?  That might be the ticket for injecting propane or methane.

Ray - Sort of.  There are modules and gizmos that pulse them like
injectors, but the manufacturers of these solinoids say don't do it - the
units wear out quite fast.  They are designed to open, stay open for a
short period of time, then close.

Also, using regular fuel injectors for nitrious won't work since the fuel
system is in the 30-50lb range, and Nitrious tanks run at about 1000PSI.

THere are kits to do this, but I'd rather jet the system correctly, and not
have something like a solenoid get stuck OPEN.

Whoooosh Boom !

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website: