Bench running ecms

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Jun 13 02:40:05 GMT 1998

 Scot Sealander <Sealand at clarityconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Bench running ecms
>Bruce Plecan wrote:
>> The scan tool I've gotten requires a vehicle ID number in order to
>> run.   Does someone know how to generate a phoney VIN for feeding  the
scanner,

>I assume you mean you got a copy of DIACOM. If so, DIACOM really does not
>need the VIN.  Just the right year and engine code are usually enough.
>If the result is ambiguous, DIACOM gives you some choices for the engine
>to use.
>Scot Sealander   Sealand at clarityconnect.com

If you want to drive by I show you the receipt, and the dam check stub,
or you can call Linder Technical Services at (317) 487-9460 ask for
Jim Linder..  He sold me a MPSI Pro-Link 9000..

The instructions do call for the 8th and 10th numbers of the VIN, but
was just as easy to say it the way I did for the post.... Geeezz

My apologies to all for the waste of band width, but since SS was so
thoughtful to make a public announcement about his thoughts, I
thought it would be appropriate to answer in a public manner.
Cheers
Bruce