Hydrothermal Biomass Motor Fuel (Sermonette)

Frederick J Sparber fjsparb at sprintmail.com
Sun Jun 14 20:50:44 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Frederic Breitwieser <frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com>
To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sunday, June 14, 1998 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: Hydrothermal Biomass Motor Fuel (Sermonette)

Frederic Breitwieser wrote:

>>1, Gathering
>>2, Comminution (size reduction)
>>3, Mineral (ash) removal treatment
>>4, Hydrothermal Treatment
>>5, Combustion in I.C. Engines
>
>Hello Frederick - when I saw the title of your message, I instantly
>pictured a Honda Del-Sol being pulled by an ox, with a large tube in its
>ass to collect the methane.
>
>I don't know why.

I do, :-)

Being a farm kid that was downwind from the
exhaust of horses and cattle, I figured there's
gotta be a way to harness that wasted energy. :-)

A nice young fellow running a 1,000 head dairy
a few miles down the road with kids in college had to sell out because he
couldn't meet the EPA manure disposal requirements unless he hauled it 40
miles to a land-fill, on top of that a >$2k/mo electric bill.

If he could've burned the washdown out of the "lagoon" in a klunker 250-500
Kw I.C. GenSet he
could be putting some power on the Grid without
adding to the global CO2 burden. And his family might have had a future.

BTW. Great web page.Hurry up and finish it!

Regards,   Frederick