Anyone still playing with Mits coils?

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Sun Jun 14 23:53:17 GMT 1998

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998 18:11:08 -0500, Walter Petermann
<corsaro at brokersys.com> wrote:

>I finally put some time into testing a Mits coil with a
>signal generator. Testing the secondary with a signal
>generator on one end and a 1Meg resistor on the other I
>got a cutoff frequency of about 12Khz. This translates
>to an inductance of 13H.

I'm still waiting for the yard to get me the right ones; the first set
were the ones with both coils on one core; the later ones can be
separated, so I'm goin for those.

13 Henries sounds kinda low, especially for a wasteFire coil, but
whadawino? Most of the ones I've seen specs on are at least 20H or
bigger. They should do just fine, tho. CDI is much less sensitive to
coil parameters than Inductive.

>I made a graph but was not sure if posting
>it would take up too much space, it's 8K bytes.

Well, you got the key figures already, but you can ALWAYS upload it to
the ftp site. That's what I do whenever I have a drawing or graph to
share. Check it out:
	ftp://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/incoming/

Gar