GM/Delco ECU Information

peter paul fenske ffnsp955 at bcit.bc.ca
Tue Jun 16 15:07:14 GMT 1998

Hi Ian.

I had a bit of a look a while back but nothing important
as I just started playing.

There was a chap named George on this list. You might check
the arhives of this list to get his email. Did quite a bit with
his lotus.

>From what I remember Lotus while using GM hardware wrote
their own code. If you send me a bin I could have a quick look

ecm nos start with 122XXXX or so.

gl:peter

At 09:08 AM 6/16/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>This is my first post to the list, so please excuse me if it's not appropriate.
>
>I've got a 1991 Lotus Elan SE Turbo (also known as the M100). It's
controlled by
>a GM/Delco ECU. I've started reverse engineering the PROM (a 27C256 which
>contains 4K data and 4K program). The ECU appears to be based around a
Motorola
>68HC11.
>
>Anyway, my questions:
>1) Where do I get the model number of the ECU? There are *loads* of numbers on
>the ECU (both the case and the PCB). What format should I be looking for?
>
>2) Has anyone got any general information on the GM ECUs, for example, the
>pinouts of the wiring looms and the communication protocol to the diagnostic
>system?
>
>3) Has anyone had a go at this particular ECU?
>
>I hope to be able to provide a fully commented source code listing of this
ECU,