Bench racing ecms Even if ya hate 101 please read

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Tue Jun 16 17:12:49 GMT 1998

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:56:31 +0000, steve ravet
<steve at sun4c409.imes.com> wrote:

>Speaking as a "magazine expert" here...  Other people have posted that
>battery voltage makes a difference to the fuel injector as far as how
>fast it opens, etc.  So I believe the ECM does have a battery voltage
>correction for injector on time.

Yeah, good point I hadn't thot about that. But this discussion about
running with the injectors connected makes we also wonder WHY you'd
want/need to do that on the bench, unless you were metering fuel
delivery. Seems like for most of the testing, measuring the duty cycle
on the driver's output would suffice. Also, some injectors don't like
being operated at high duty cycles without FLUID in them to cool them.

Gar