Bench racing ecms Even if ya hate 101 please read

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jun 17 13:02:33 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Re: Bench racing ecms Even if ya hate 101 please read

>>If I put a resistor instead of the injector will this fool the ECU into
>>thinking it has an injector present ?.
>
>People say yes, some say no, and I'm undecided yet.

Depends on ecm.  For the C3 that your working on, I haven't seen any
mention of it in the stuff I've seen.  That it would apprear to matter,
also depends on what you trying to figure out.

 Injectors not only have resistive properties, but really is an inductive
load.  What you measure with an ohmmeter is not necessary what the ECM sees
during the cycling of the injector.

>I thing an inductor with the same resistance/impedance would be better than
a 30W resistor, unless its wire-wound.

How about a 6, 20 ohm wire wounds and put an iron slug in the center.

>Frederic Breitwieser
Cheers
Bruce