Idle speeds

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jun 17 17:16:36 GMT 1998

Has any one tried setting the idle speed command way down low, ie
500 rpm to see what happens, with the idle speed screw set to say
700 rpm in gear.  On say a 747 car I like the IAC to be about 30ish
as the vehicle comes to a stop from speed, and then gently ratchs
down to 0.  Yes, no a/c, or lights on for load.  Just in drive.
   I've had them where I couldn't set the speed right with out playing
with timing before knowing where the min speed was in the prom,
and could trigger some wild surges at idle while things were hunting
for an answer,  ie stall prevention was trggered i quess..
   Anyone have any experiences to share along these lines.
Cheers
Bruce