Diagnosing GM efi..

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jun 17 21:34:38 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Diagnosing GM efi..
>Hey all,
  Using the
>scanner, the BLM was up to 158,

If ya have a scanner see what the O2 sensor is doing
what is the IAC counts at idle, knock retard counts?.

Try shooting small shots of starting fluid around intake/
runners.  Watch that it don't trickle down by the PCV or other vac.
but the idle will really pick up if there is  a vac leak.
One bad habit of chevies is that ya can blow a intake
gasket from the port to the lifter galley and have a vacuum
leak that is almost impossible to find.

For the 4-5 time make sure a plug wire ain't crossed.  make
sure there ain't a pouled Plug above the O2 sensor.

>I have also read that the TPI's actually run
>quite well with the MAF unplugged (TPI engine
>swapping, by JTR).  Now, not only does this
>seem to not really apply to me, but how could
>this even work well?

Beleive that applies to the 165's 86-89 ecms.
Called limp home mode..

>Christopher Bruno
> Car is currently wearing cone shaped 'bra' and facing
> corner for running so poorly...

Cars hate Modonna clothing
Cheers
Bruce