Diagnosing GM efi..

peter paul fenske ffnsp955 at bcit.bc.ca
Wed Jun 17 23:32:05 GMT 1998

Howday

Well that is high, huge vacum leak, injector not firing,
low fuel pressure, clogged fuel filter, mismatched cal.

For the blm to creep up that o2 must be working
>>scanner, the BLM was up to 158,

The default MAF not working is a crude N-alpha
Based on constants using TPS and RPM

Naturally if BLM is outa wack the constants
aren't gonna work well, My vette 88 cal
runs nice with MAF disconnected albeit a bit rich.

>>I have also read that the TPI's actually run
>>quite well with the MAF unplugged (TPI engine
>>swapping, by JTR).  Now, not only does this
>>seem to not really apply to me, but how could
>>this even work well?

>Beleive that applies to the 165's 86-89 ecms.

Actually the default N alpha only sets when
MAF is bad. Software mode is still operational.
Not quite backup mode.

GL:peter