Bench racing ecms Even if ya hate 101 please read

kenkelly at lucent.com kenkelly at lucent.com
Thu Jun 18 00:17:18 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> I just put the hammer, and nails away from nailing the ecms down.
> Actually coffee cup hooks, and rubberbands.  Got a 1'x2' sheet of
> particle board, 1/2" thick, and the ecms tied to that via the rubberbands.

> Cheers
> Bruce
Bruce,
	I read the posting that suggested using a light bulb for the Injector load at
work. It is still on my office machine and I don't remmember the poster so I'll
comment here.

	The more I think about it the better that idea becomes. Lights for all the
outputs would be great. Nicely labeled you would be able to quickly see what was
happening. The injector bulbs would have a brightness proportional to fuel flow.
State of Fans, A/C, and EGR would be immediately visible. Various bulb sizes and
colors could be used. Through in a few LED's on the low current outputs, and you
would have a nice diagnostics bench, when combined with all your planned input
emulators.

		Ken