harmonic dampners and drag race corolla update

Duane Reed duanered at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 18 06:43:14 GMT 1998

list,
     I will be working with a dampener manufacture this week and next to
come up with hiperf damper for the(my) 3vz-e (3.0 liter 60deg V-6).  there
could be some other applications that use the same configuration, is there a
mechanic or some one in the know that would could take rough measurements of
crank pulleys/balancers of other Toyota engines as compared to the 3vz-e
one?  also any body wanting info on the 3vz-e one for development purposes
can contact me (only hi output applicants need apply) some on this list may
know some desert racers using this engine?

    well my car is rolling again+ACEAIQ-  the ford 9 inch rear end looks at home
under the corolla between the 12x30 slicks. should be getting engine pieces
back from the machine shop at the end of the week. I am planning to have the
rotating assembly balanced at the same shop doing the dampner but no one
makes a dampner for this app.(see above). I have done some cutting on the
engine wire harness from the buick century mostly deleting unneeded
equipment wires. that is about all the progress I have made since last
posting

    one more thing a good friend mentioned I should start a web site to
document my trials building this thing. He though a good  title would be
Duane Reed and the Crazy Corolla a take off of Willie wanka and the
chocolate factory sounded like a good idea at the time but after reading
some on HTML I think I will wait some or take a course definitely not easy
stuff for a wrench like me

c-ya

Duane Reed