Chevy big and small block engines

Grant Gatenby grantg at iname.com
Fri Jun 19 21:11:58 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From:	Bill Allen [SMTP:BAllen at Vetronix.com]
Sent:	Saturday, June 20, 1998 3:57 AM
To:	'diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu'
Subject:	RE: Chevy big and small block engines

You will probably have problems with a one-throttle body per cylinder
arrangement. MAP and/or mass airflow sensing is almost impossible due to
pulsations at low and mid-range. You are much better off with a single
throttle body on a plenum with one injector per cylinder. The plenum
will average out the pulsations over all the cylinders.

Yes...I had thought about the MAF or MAP on single throttle bodies and saw
it as being a problem too....but had a couple of ideas there, one was to
take a small tube from each port to provide MAP vacuum and connect them to
a central canister and the other was to fairly much use TPS or most likely
a combination of both

As for methanol, that is a can of worms with EFI. Although there are
injectors out there that will flow enough (remember that you are going
from 12-15:1  AFR down to 5-6:1), they are going to be very difficult to
find. I have been looking around for a source, possibly the Indy guys,
but so far no luck. If anyone knows where to find such items, I'd be
very interested too.

The solution I was thinking of was using 2 petrol injectors per cylinder to
acheive the required flow, although not ideal for spray patterns so long as
the injectors will handle methanol should work

Grant