Chevy big and small block engines

Bill Allen BAllen at Vetronix.com
Fri Jun 19 22:58:13 GMT 1998

	Hi again,
	If you have been monitoring all the traffic today, there has
been a lot of discussion about dual injectors, variable fuel pressure
and all that. Yes, dual injectors will work (the control algorithm is a
little different) and I will probably be using that approach on my
motorcycle (11,200 RPM on gas). As for handling methanol, you should be
OK too. Most automotive injectors seem to be pretty rugged and meth is
pretty easy on things compared to Nitro or even gasoline.

	Also, the throttle position-only algorithm is something I've
been working on too. For racing it should work just fine (pretty much
all a Hilborn/Enderle system is), and a lot easier to tune than a
mechanical system. The basic idea of the system I am working is a
mechanical pump (belt-driven off the crank), a mechanically adjustable
pressure regulator (Holley makes one for the Ford EFI system), timed
injection and the above mentioned throttle-position control. One of the
ideas I had that would make the thing a whole lot nicer than a
mechanical system is an absolute (barometric) pressure sensor. This
would alleviate the need to re-tune for varying density-altitude (a
constant problem at Bonneville and El Mirage Dry Lake where I race the
bike).

	All for now,
	Bill