Chevy big and small block engines

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jun 19 23:00:13 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Gatenby <grantg at iname.com>
Subject: RE: Chevy big and small block engines

>From: Bill Allen [SMTP:BAllen at Vetronix.com]
>Subject: RE: Chevy big and small block engines
>
>You will probably have problems with a one-throttle body per cylinder
>arrangement. MAP and/or mass airflow sensing is almost impossible due to
pulsations at low and mid-range. You are much better off with a single
throttle body on a plenum with one injector per cylinder. The plenum will
average out the pulsations over all the cylinders.

>Yes...I had thought about the MAF or MAP on single throttle bodies and saw
it as being a problem too....but had a couple of ideas there, one was to
take a small tube from each port to provide MAP vacuum and connect them to a
central canister and the other was to fairly much use TPS or most likely a
combination of both

INHO any dampening ruins throttle response, been there done that.

Just go with Alpha-N.   TPS, and RPM for the individual throttle
body ideas.
>Grant

Just my .02
Bruce