Checksum question

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Jun 22 13:30:35 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Weir <jweir at worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Checksum question

>Why when using 3 different editors do I get 3 different checksums? I am
>using GME, Hex Workshop, and Needham's PB-10 Software? All the same bin
>file, have I got the settings wrong? must have, can anyone shed any
>light on this for me? thanks Jason Weir
>Jason Weir

If you have gme for what your working on just use it.  Also, depending on
what chip your working on the checksums are figured differently
from style to style in some instances.  Depending on what I'm doing
I always run a bin thru an editor make one little change, and let it
recal the checksum.  My "procedure" is usually start with the bin,
if doing something the editor doesn't allow the use Needhams's make
the editing change, then throw the changed bin into a chip editor,
and make one timing change of 1d at some silly place, and let
the editor recal the checksum.  Also, requardless of what ya do if
ya do enough of them you'll everyonce inna while have a checksum
error code.   Least I do.
Cheers
Bruce