GM/Delco ECU Information

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Mon Jun 22 14:26:13 GMT 1998

Scot Sealander wrote:

> Ian Levy wrote:
>
> > There are two possibilities:
> > One is off by itself : 16129239
>
> I would hazard a guess that this is the software number.  Have you
> hooked up a scanner?  Is the PROM ID 9239?
>
> > The other is labelled 'Service No: 16132241'
>
> This is probably the ECM number.  Never seen it.  As I recall, George
> mentioned that these cars had "extra" injectors that came on during
> an "overboost" condition.  Not sure what that meant.  Did find some
> stuff in the other lotus bin that may have been for that. That is just
> from memory.  Haven't looked at it in a long time.

It's in the big list of ECM numbers that David Garnier posted a while
ago:

16132241	EFI-4	84 to 93 and later ECM's found on the following systems

David, a lot of the entries in the list end like that, "found on the
following systems".  Makes me think there's supposed to be a list of
models or something following it, but there isn't anything????

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems