New feature to Programming 808

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Jun 22 20:06:53 GMT 1998

If you use the wiring diagrams, as listed for 4 cyl + 6 cyl versions
and use the appropriate asbx4cyl.bin, or asbx6cyl.bin base files , as
listed at 332 incoming programming 808 should cover the 4 and 6 cylinder
variants.  Rather than go thru all the non-code stuff, I've got it for ya.
  You'll notice on the 4 cyl wiring they have a module for the spark
so it looks like DIS, you may have to invert the dist. signal to run
it with a dizzy (I'm very sure if it).
  For the 4 cylinder motorcycles ya have some work to do, but I see
no reason that you can't mix and match enough stuff. to run a delco
box up to 12,000 rpm.  One of the bench items I want to test to verify is
that.  If one of the software folks have any insight to this please
let me/the list know.
  Also, while this is a "bolt-in" for the 165, if you use a 165 memcal,
you can run a 730/727 off of this information.  If all you have is a
256 type prom from a 730 you can load this info., from 0000-3FFF,
and again from 4000-7FFF, and be able to run it, on a 256 prom
instead of a 128 like the stock 165 uses.  You can run a 730 with
a 128 prom calibration on a 128 prom, just fine.
  Boy, if I got these postings all right, I'll be amazed.
Cheers
Bruce