Installing FI on a old car.

Mattz mattz at pond.com
Tue Jun 23 11:41:36 GMT 1998

Im just compiling a few messages into one.

>I'm installing a ford EEC-IV onto the old GM 215 V-8.  I've got it to
>run on a test stand, now I'm transfering it to the car, a TVR roadster.
>It was a lot of work, including the hardest work of all, thinking.  I'm
>guessing that your present injectors are just nozzles, like those in my
>`78 Rabbit, so your manifold won't accept electric injectors.  Jon

They are your standard bosch type electric injectors..

>Didn't the last VW bugs have an L-jet system? You probably
>will not need to change any of the fuel lines from the
>D-jet. The D-jet even had an adjustable regulator. You
>might be able to get away with tweeking the pressure
>regulator and the new air flow meter.

>Sounds like you biggest hurdle is lack of confidence
>from this being your first try.

Yes true... Never did anything like that before

>Good luck,
>  Walter

>PS Did you know that the D-jet map sensor is adjustable?
>There is a hex screw behind the black cap. You might not
>have to replace the FI system at all, unless you really
>want to of course.

There is some adjustability in the pressure and map sensor. I want to
install a larger engine (2 Liter) with a mild street cam and some better
flowing heads. How well will the old d-jetronic handle that?  The old system
is not really (as far as I can tell) not the most accurate .. wouldnt a more
modern system be the way to go?  I just think about the old trigger contacts
rolling around in the dizzy, and then look at more modern equipment...

If you belive that the old system wil handle it ill leave it in and see
where it goes..