simple analog fuel injection comments from CSH, HQ

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jun 23 16:09:55 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandy <sganz at wgn.net>
Subject: Re: simple analog fuel injection

>The PIC is a really simple (but powerful) microprocessor. It has only about
>35 instructions, a variety of I/O depending on the model (analog too).
>Check out Nuts and Volts, or one of the electronic mags, you will see
>nothing but these little devices. Lot of simple projects, free assembler,
>and low cost programmers.

 Not that hard to program, and
>>> will be a better controller then a bunch of 555's.

Not to whine, but I wish someone would start a thread on what the
hell to do with a PIC.  Everything I pick up says how easy they are to use.
Ya once you master how to write the code for them.  Why the
hech does so much of the EE stuff start assuming every one has a
strong background in math, and 2 years of EE.  Or knows what
writting code is.  This is a hobby for me.  I like stuff like Forest
Mimms where he says do xyz, and get abc results, ie like I try and
do with 101+808,  lots of folks can read code like a newspaper
it seems like,  lots slower granted, but to me so far all this code
end stuff is a foreign language.  Then just to top if off they have
even different languages.  Geez gimmee a break.

Just by example, look at this subject title, simple analog.  I mention
a series of 555, and in a matter of several postings here we are again
at PIC's.  Once again if the original writter knew code he could write
software for something.  But, the title was simple, analog.
Learning to write code "simple" geez call me stupid.

No flames intended just my 02 cents

Cheers
Bruce