Gasoline Information

Sanity Challenged expert_not at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:45:07 GMT 1998

But you weren't sposed too - I was talking about the GURU that fingered
out the Stoic of propane of 35 to 1 when if he had just read ( I realize
that concept is strange to the majority of this list ) any fuels
reference, it would have dawned on him that Stoic is somewhere around 15
to 1, depending on how much methane (natural gas) residue and butane
(varies by season, altitude and economics up to 50 50 butane propane)
the lpg has.  Then they would look up the latent heat of vaporization
and know how much cooling an assumed blend has.

And I need not go on about octane and what it represents etc. yada yada
yada.

And using a flexible fuel system is not real practical.  Nitro and its
residue does not blend well with gasoline.  Gasoline and alcohol blend
very well - untill there is just a little water in the mix and then it
don't blend.

A dual fuel system is the only way to go - with completely seperate
fueling systems - but MAYBE sharing the computer and sensors.  Don't
count on EGO sensors tho - Nitro and Alcohol have radically different
exhaust temps and compositions - enuff to fool the dog doo out of the
sensor if ran in large quantities.  Alcohol exhaust runs much cooler
than gasoline and nitro is still burning as it passes the exhuast valve
and finishes decomposition in the exhaust pipe.

Consider the effective octane of Nitro as a negative number. It will
pre-ignite and detonate radically unless every thing is close to right.
Remember also about nitro, that it needs NO air to burn.  It is in fact
a rocket monopropellent.

>Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:44:43 -0400
>To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
>From: Frederic Breitwieser <frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com>
>Subject: Re: Gasoline Information

Deleted Stuff

>Frederic politely stands in the corner with a cone shaped hat
(oversized to
>cover his face) with a big D on it, while eating a yodel.
>
>Ick.
>

>Frederic Breitwieser
>Bridgeport, CT 06606
>
>Homebrew Automotive Website:
>http://www.xephic.dynip.com/
>
>"When in doubt, use a bigger hammer"
>-

Habeneros - not just for breakfast anymore!!