simple analog fuel injection comments from CSH, HQ

goflo at pacbell.net goflo at pacbell.net
Tue Jun 23 19:45:40 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> I wish someone would start a thread on what the hell to do with
> a PIC. I like stuff like Forest Mimms where he says do xyz, and
> get abc results.

Railing at programmers is always time well spent. A scurvy lot.
For a Forrest Mims-type intro to the subject you might take a look
at the BASIC STAMP 1, made by Parallax. Poke around their site till
you turn up their app notes.

http://www.parallaxinc.com

A PIC-based microcomputer programmable in a flavor of BASIC. Cheap,
well documented, and sturdy enough to withstand all but the most
determined assault by the CSH staff. Not a toy - I'll bet a sparkling
beverage-of-choice that a Stamp-based EFI that'll run is do-able.

PBASIC is as intuitive as it gets. Terrific 3rd party and list support.
There are PBASIC compilers available that will allow you to program PICs
directly - A practical PIC-based ECU could be produced this way.
The main thing you're fighting here is the numerous types of PICs, and
the less-than-crystalline documentation Microchip emits.

One way to cozy up to the subject. Hope it helps.

Jack