Analog or Digital, Simple or Complex, PIC or PAY

Wayne Blair wayneb at foxboro.com.au
Wed Jun 24 00:20:26 GMT 1998

All these things are relative or choices yes ?

I'd never use a PIC or a Stamp but that is because I've got
68HC05, 68HC11, and 68HC16, simulators compilers and
emulators and development kits at hand
and people who know even more closer by.
They are also cheap/free and have been around for years.

Others will chose according to their skill ability environment facilities.
But the algorithms are similar and IDEAS are worth SHARING.

I'm challenged to understand the flame throwing (again) but I've only been
around a few months.

The 101/808 projects are valid ways of discovering algorithms and methods
that are quite refined after many years of development and much money. The
HC11's in those boxes are doing stuff that is only possible because of
KISS. The amount of work they do is incredible and to do it with such low
processing power makes the reverse engineering worth while. Many people
have invested 1000's of hours and a big proportion of the info is already
available and more comes to light each day. But like  any treasure hunt if
ya really want it ya have to keep looking.

The point of this forum is to present ideas for discussion -
This should be done in a tolerent educated manner.
It is also to ask for advice and to seek info.

Threads can easily be started or stopped; it all hangs
on the number and energy of the participants.
What this depends on is ???
presentation, percieved validity and personality ........

>Whatever WORKS is BEST - no exception.
Not quite.  Whatever Works will do for Now until it can be done better.
>Simple is better.
So true but the simple things are the hardest to discover.
>Simple does not mean Trivial.

Any way if someone can come up with an

Analog/Fuzzy Logic/Weighted Summing Amplifer ( all the same ?? to me - very
complex)
Solution to EFI then they really have a simple system
but the path to the end will not be so (simple)

anyway I just put my foot thru the soap box
so I'll get down now

ttfn

wayne