simple analog fuel injection comments from CSH, HQ

goflo at pacbell.net goflo at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 24 07:56:37 GMT 1998

Sandy wrote:

> The Bendix EFI relates to their early attempt at a Tube (as in Vacuum)
> implementation that someone described a while back. Now that might be
> something really interesting! Read Funny ;-)

Some outfit is advertising NOS 12AX7's for $2 apiece, box of 100,
in Nuts & Volts. That'll do for signal processing, but you're
gonna need something with some grunt for the injector drivers...
Wonder if 807's still exist. Two 6L6's per injector minimum my guess,
plus a 1/2 shoebox-size matching transformer. Per injector. And then
there's the power supply.

The mind boggles.

Jack