DIY_EFI Digest V3 #292

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Wed Jun 24 12:54:26 GMT 1998

> but you will probably only have 87% of the power when campared
> to equivalent amount of gasoline lb/lb and 79-81% of the power when
> compared to liquid injection into the cylinder or near the intake valve.
> Just my opinion.

The aspect about propane that always draws me back to it is the octane number.  I understand it is about 105.  The combination of running high compression and the total mixing of the mixture (Look out, he's going to reference a 200 mpg carb!) makes me think with a true efi control, an engine dedicated to propane would be great.

Joe ("You go first!") Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban