simple analog fuel injection comments from CSH, HQ

Chris Morriss crsm at oroboros.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 20:12:46 GMT 1998

In message <Pine.A41.3.96.980623190621.49028A-100000 at vcc11.vcc.bc.ca>,
Jim Davies <jimd at vcc.bc.ca> writes

>On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Sandy wrote:
>
>> The Bendix EFI relates to their early attempt at a Tube (as in Vacuum)
>> implementation that someone described a while back. Now that might be
>> something really interesting! Read Funny ;-)
>>
>Dont forget that Bosch EFI developments are based on the Bendix
>Electrojector patents, for which they paid a licence fee to Bendix to use.

there's a chapter on the Bendix 'Electrojector' in Jan P Norbye's book
(is that his right name?).  I thought it was transistorised though.
Back in the late 30's a couple of guys put a home made vacuum tube EFI
system in a truck and drove it across the USA!  This is also documented
in the same book.
--
Chris Morriss