GM SmartCoils redux

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jun 25 01:04:01 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry <thartman at gte.net>
Subject: Re: GM SmartCoils redux

>Ok good enough - so for a "retrofit" project where I want to elminate
>the distrib, would the new SDI from Electromotive(ducking ;) ;)) be
>worth looking into?  Any "insight" ;) on the SDI in the archives? if so
>I can look it up....
>THANKS!
>T.

Need more details ie ecm controlled?  EFI

If I was doing a DIS SBC I'd look real close at the caddy V-8 DIS used late
80's
early 90's.   A 730  (1227730) gm ecm was used both Dizzy, and DIS..
So knowing this and caddy used a DIS a hybreed seems doable, but hey
I been wrong before.  But, at last glance the E DIS was like $800
Cheers
Bruce