My project

Robert Harris expert_not at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 06:24:53 GMT 1998

If all you want is a nice clean running fuel injection system, check
your local boneyards.  Any reasonable sized 6 cylinder Volvo K-Lamda
system will work quite well.  With three throttle bodies (one for each
port) you will have smooth responsive engine within reason. If CIS was
good enough for Ferarri and Maserati, it should work out nicely for a
Chevy 6.  Whole set including nozzles should run no more than about 200
bucks ( Pomona Ca area prices ).  After its working smooth and nice, can
do some electronic enhancement using new sensors and the lamda valve and
sensor (EGO).  Probst makes an excellent reference for about 30 bucks
that covers all Bosch systems.

Note there are significant differences between the K-Jetronic (basic),
K-Lamda, and K-Electronic systems - the one you want is a K-Lamda.

No - its not EFI but it is a million dollar FI that puts you into the
position of doing sensor tweaks for near optimum performance.

For this sin of non EFI - I shall be sentenced to sit in the corner
while a cone shaped hat is forced over the lumps in my head from the ten
pound sledge that is used to pound new ideas in.

Habeneros - not just for breakfast anymore!!