bp-test.bins

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jun 25 12:19:27 GMT 1998

As a follow up to yesterdays talk about patching bins together I
though I might include some examples.  All three are for 350 cid
Small Block Chevies, with stock injectors.  All 747 TBI's.  The
first two bp1+bp2 are for rather light vehicles, and bp3 for a
4x4, all are automatics.  #3 is the most modified with idle speed
corrections.  Also note again for test purposes.  These in my
opinion are the result of less than a dozen test chips for each
application (well #3 is more than that, but alot of 101 testing
has been involved), and would be a close calibration.  They
have drivibility in the good to excellent range, and only #3
is close enough to have about 0 for IAC at in gear hot idle.
For more info on my IAC comments they are 332 incoming
tune-up doc/txt.  Also #3 has had some time with a scan
tool hooked to it so the idle/ light cruise BL's for this application
are in the 130's, again good.  Please note how different the timing
curves are for the same engine type.  All 3 have cams available
from GM, matter of fact I beleive 2 are gm crate engines.  No
I don't keep engine built sheets on every chip I do, so don't ask
for the cam/CR specs.  Again this is for exposure to what you
might expect to see when you view a prom, that has been
modified.
  So if you've been following 101, I mentioned what calibrations
might be at what area, the math for understanding them, the
malfunction flags, and now by example what they might look
like.
Cheers
Bruce