Robert Harris' Allegations of Illegal Activities on my part?

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Thu Jun 25 15:14:43 GMT 1998

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:30:21 -0400, rotary at mediaone.net wrote:

>Frederic,
>
>>Okay Gar, lets go through this step by step.
>..
>>Can't you say anything without insulting someone?  Bob's threats were to
>>you - he was going to write a letter to Saab about YOU.  Bob obviously
>>doesn't like you, and the reverse is true.  Who cares.

I didn't comment on this when Fred first posted his preppy lil drivel,
but I will NOW.

This statement you make, Fred:

>Bob's threats were to you - he was going to write a letter to Saab about YOU.

is complete rubbish. You're absolutely right, if that empty-threat
letter were directed at just me, then WHY on earth would I forward it to
the group?! Indeed, but here's what this lil puke said: READ IT, Fred.

>I'm sure the board of trustees at ohio state university would be
>interested in knowing that their engineering department is promoting a
>marginally legal at best reverse engineering of patents.

Now, you tell me if that's ONLY directed at ME! If you see no swipe at
the group and IT's activities, then I submit you DO have your head up a
dark place.

There's no such thing as "marginally legal". He's tossing the innuendo
that what I'M doing on this list, and it CERTAINTLY could be extended to
just about ANY activity where we're messin with OEM hardware, in his
august and IGNORANT opinion, is somehow ILLEGAL and he's made a THREAT
to make this complaint to the hosting org of this list. I could SUE HIS
ASS for making a statement like that in public, and he knows it. That's
why he has to play the coward and do it in the dark.

I've heard legal counsel on this before: you can say in public a person
in your opinion is any form of creep you care to opine, but IF you
allege the person is doing something *illegal*, THAT is actionable.
Sooo, I'd like to invite this Buttbert to unsheath his FlaminUranus once
again, and this time IN PUBLIC, have the courage of his convictions and
SAY, if he alleges it so, that what I'm doing IS ILLEGAL, if he dares.
And if he cares to also threaten again that he's going to report this
supposedly ILLEGAL activity of mine to Ohio State University, I'd like
to hear him say THAT in public too, so I can add defamation of character
to the suit against him for libel.

See, Bob, this game you tried to play with your legal threats in private
can also be played against you in public.

Go ahead, puke, make my day. MY lawyer is only a phone call away.

Garfield Willis