GM SmartCoils redux

Peterson, Lew [Cont] lew.peterson at canada.cdev.com
Thu Jun 25 22:02:54 GMT 1998

Bruce:
Are you suggesting that we could use a GM, ECM-controlled, HEI to trigger
the individual SmartCoils if we add a signal conditioner/5v driver to the
pickup output and a 5v distribution system? If so, I would like to get some
feedback on the conditioner/driver/5v-distribution circuit description.
Perhaps we could design an extra-slot wheel to run on top of the existing
distributor pickup.
I would sure like to get rid of the high voltage distribution stuff yet
retain the knock retard/ECM-advance on my turbo V6 truck.
BTW if this stuff is covered somewhere in the archives, I would appreciate
some index/serach strings (then I will quietly sneak away).
Lew
Calgary