GM P3/P4 ECU scan tool's

frederic.breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Jun 26 15:59:47 GMT 1998

>> Is there any SHAREWARE/FREEWARE scan tools that allow me to monitor the GM
>> ECU via a laptop. I am aware of DIACOM and tech 1 and other scan tools but
>> they cost a bit. Before I spend hard earned cash I would like to check
first.

>Ken Mosher has a product called TurboLink.  Very good, but only for
>Buick GN/Ttypes.  I understand it works OK on on similar cars.  Not a
>general purpose scan tool at all.

Steve and others,

The turboLink is a nice tool, but you are right, its specific to certain ECMs
and engines.  There is a site... seanster.ml.org which doesn't seem to be
valid any longer, that has a parallel-port based "thing" that is freeware,
that allows one to read the 160 baud bit-shifting protocol of the C3 ECMs.
Then, whatever you do with it, feel free :)

I for one have been trying to access this site... I can ping it but no HTTP
services.

Oh well.