ECM Co's wide range labmda box

Frank/G.speed fmlin at kens.com
Sat Jun 27 17:12:59 GMT 1998

The subject of wide range o2 sensor boxes have come up time and
time again.  Frank (Parker) told me somebody has the low downs
on ECM Co's box, which is a NTK based unit.  Other than that it
cost $8000-9000, and seem to have kind of a cool memory and
display panel thing, I don't see it is worth that kind of money,
I figure a decent EE dude can build a data acq. to do much more
that what the ECM Co's box and be heck of a lot cheaper.  ECM's
rep told my friend's shop that their sensor is proprietary, and
lasts practically forever...  What is the typical life for the
NTK sensors?  I suppose if it can be used in a production car
Honda Civic VX it lasts longer than the Bosch LSM-11?

I did a search in the archive, there's just way too many wide
range o2 sensor posts to go through.  And that there isn't
really any search options to help...  But I saw that there was
a recent thread on the topic again dated around Feb, 98.  So
I hope some of you remembers it.

I tried to email Garfield but didn't get a reply, maybe he's out
of town or something.  If anybody else has the scoop on ECM Co
let me know, thanks.

ps, ECM here is Engine Controls & Monitors, not engine control
module.  They used to have a web page at http://www.ecmco.com
but have gone away, why?

--
Frank M. Lin    | http://pbh.tsx.org  Honda related tech files