Twin injector system?

Matt Beaubien mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Mon Jun 29 21:23:12 GMT 1998

Fred,

> carefully and controlled "properly" rather than approximating.  The other
> advantage, if you decide to run another, more radical fuel (nitromethane for
> example), the injector is there.  This is one of the things I want to play
> with, but have been concerned because of the 10:1 c/r.  Nitro requires a much
> higher compression ratio.

Are you sure that nitro requires a higher CR? I've heard the exact opposite.

> work so well.  I debated putting the alky nozzle before the turbo, but then we
> on the GN list got into a large conversation about alky/water droplets hitting
> the turbo blades, spinning at 80K RPM.  I can see the blade fragments flopping
> into the engine :(

I've heard people use the same argument with water injection (ie. before vs
after turbo). What about all of the draw-through carburated turbo engines
that had gasoline pass through the turbo? It can't be much different than
water or alcohol. I could see the droplets being larger seeing as how
they're not being atomized by a carb. But for the amount of time a fluid
would be injected upstream of the turbo (ie. only under boost) vs a
draw-through system where gas is passing through the compressor
_constantly_, I don't see the larger droplets being a major concern.

Comments/concerns/queries?

Matt Beaubien
mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
1 x 300ZXT