variable cam profile/timing (was: Twin injector system?)

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Jun 29 22:27:10 GMT 1998

>Allow me to point you to Racecar Enginnering, a UK publication. A recent
>issue featured electronically (solenoid activated) valve technology.
>Apparently at the experimental stage, it does solve a lot of problems
>associated with conventional valve technology. There was a working model
>featured but, as with prototypes, it wasn't pretty.

Adrian, this is something I've always thought would be a good idea...
coil-operated valves.  Or pneumatic, as someone pointed out on some of the
IRL cars (am I lost again?).  This gives a decent, wide powerband.  But,
its not affordable to little folk like me.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/