Twin injector system?

Jake Lindeke jlindeke at bsfh.org
Mon Jun 29 23:36:10 GMT 1998

> This ain't at all my idea, but here goes.  So ya want to go from idle to
> 15,000 rpm, hmm.  At 15G, the inertia of the timing injector ain't even
> gonna be in sync with nothing, so that would be the true reason for them
> mounting the injector so far upstream, the other sounds like a press
> release.
>   How about two ecms.  Run the first one closed loop,  like for
> an emission cycle,  but at about 70% stop increasing the inj pulse
> and phase on a second ecm.  By phase I mean start the injectors
> off at 30%VE.  Keep this second ecm alive all the time, ie rpm
> tps, and all inputs but have the fuel VE tables all zeros to like
> 60K/Pa.  Then by starting them low any air is purged, and bingo.
> All the fuel you want,  for the real high stuff would be P+H's.
> Then say if you wanted to run injectors 2x as large at high rpm,
> again run the lower ones to 70%, but bring the next stage on at
> 15%..
>     Would have to tell the ecm some big time lies, like it's a v-8.
> Course the only practical way to even start something like this
> is to bench model it.  hehe.

why cant you just go get a  AIC and run the second set of injectors off of it?
I have 12 injectors in my supra(6cyl car) and the Aic is set to start up the
second set at 5000RPM. if the car is turboed then you can set up to start the
second set on a certin boost level.
--Jake Lindeke
--SOGI South-East Chapter Coordinator
--http://sesogi.bsfh.org