Twin injector system?

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Tue Jun 30 05:43:42 GMT 1998

They just can't operate that fast! The saturated (most late model cars)
work fine because the dynamic range of the injector is not that great, ie
0hp to 200+, not as we make more power, the bottom doesnt change that much,
ie, the fuel at idle still must have a small squirt. As we make injectors
larger, we must shorten the low speed pulse time. This is not always
possible to keep it operating correctly with that short of a cycle. You
have a couple of options, get peak/hold injectors which have a faster cycle
time or use 2 sets of injectors. The problem with some peak/hold injectors
is that they are for large flowing applications, and typically have poor
spray patters at lower speeds. But you get the idea.

Sandy