Twin ECM Systems

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Jun 30 21:41:13 GMT 1998

>I misunderstoof your meaning, my error, hence I'll return to my
>chair in the corner...   Least the hat getting more comfortable...

Not a problem.. ASCII is a tough medium to convey thoughts in, and I type
stream of conscience (especially this early/late in the day, without
coffee, forget it!!!) so its a miracle any of you can understand anything I
say.

>Now, we're talking!!...    Been thinking about a Cat Conv, and then
>for a final mellowing run it thru a auger silencer...

Cats are unnecessary from an emissions point of view.  They are necessary
from a federal law standpoint.  I have dual-exhaust on my supercharged V6
Lincoln, with two imaginary cats, and I pass emissions just fine in CT,
which recently adopted the CA standards so I hear (who knows if that's
true).  My car was tested before the dyno / high RPM test came into
effect... they did it at idle, and I went through no problem.

I say imaginary cats because I bored both of them out with a 2 1/4" hole
saw on my friend's drill press.  Nice unit, it has a 16" reach :)

>Good,  Fast,  Or Cheap,  pick Two.......

I'm greedy, I am attempting to achieve all three.  Junkyard turbos,
junkyard engine, junkyard injectors, junkyard ECM... I bought the pistons
for $75 a pop, bought gaskets all around, cleaned up a drysump sitting in
the garage, and spent about $500 on machining on the block.  So far the
bill is under $650 US I'd guess, and I have 480 HP.  Is that good, fast and
cheap?  In my targeted 2000lb mid-engine'd car 480 HP is gross overkill.
So, I compensated by obtaining 12" slicks from Dave in Alabama.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/