Datalogger's

Steven Gorkowski kb4mxo at mwt.net
Mon Mar 2 01:16:31 GMT 1998

Carl Summers wrote:

> Hi,
>   Do any of you know where I could purchase an inexpensive datalogger
> that would monitor RPM, MAP, and A/F????I would like to use it on some
>
> of the circle track cars I work on....I understand the MAP and A/F are
>
> voltages but how do I convert the rpm to a voltage so I can monitor???
>
> Thanks,
> -Carl Summers(trying to balance as many coned shaped hats as I can)

Carl

I'm working on my second generation logger. The target is a round April
to May to start testing . It will be Pic(Microchip) uC and 10 bit AD
plus bit pins . I had to start over from first gen. unit was too large
and didn't take the banging in short track racing. If you do not program
much in datyona at the trade show they had a small system for $300-$500
but it looked very limited so I didn't pay much attention to the
manufacture . All the other systems I seen was big bucks
$1000++++++++++++++++++++++++++++. I also have a good book on how to
read the data a must to figure out what is real data , sample rates to
use with sensors ect .If interested contact me and Ill dig out the book.
One thing I caution you on use this as a extra activity or the standard
setups will get neglected and the car will go slower and the driver will
become resistant to the extra electronics .Unhook computer from battery
just after the race ,others members  from the team may weld on the car.
I lost computer that way.
Just my 2cents
Steve Gorkowski