Lean mixtures with EGO

Alain Toussaint alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca
Wed Mar 4 11:27:08 GMT 1998

Hello all,in another mailing list,whe where talking about lean mix,etc...
and there where a few questions that remained unanswered (does i'm right
on this word's spelling ??),whe thinked it would be a good idea to get
them here:

  1 - does stoich mixtures burn faster than richer or leaner ?  (and,
I'm told by several chemical "experts" that this is so)

  2 - and, if so, how much should ignition timing be advanced off-stoich
to achieve optimum burn -- in both the rich and the lean direction ?
(realizing that all we will get here is a "general" answer, the real
answer being specific to the engine and its particular setup)

thanks a lot !!
Alain