EFI and Mileage

Jason Greene verde1 at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 5 02:18:40 GMT 1998

First, thanx for all the replies.
I'll cover all in one post as not to take up bandwidth.

The O2 and water temp sensors are new. The donor car didn't have an EGR valve.
The ECU  is from a 2.0L  and the airflow meter and injectors are from a 2.2L.
Would this make that much of a difference??? BUT the pressure regulator IS from
a 1.8 L.  I thought that they were all the same. It keeps the pressure at 38
psi (I think). The fuel lines are all metal so no leaks, plus I don't smell
fuel at all. I used to smell it when I ran the carbs. Last time I checked the
injectors were fine.  I drove from Oregon to North Carolina  3 months ago and
the milage was around 17 mpg. I'll check them again this weekend.

The air temp sensor is in the air flow meter. I haven't checked it but I've
read that is does very little fuel adjustment.
I've tried AFMs from various size engines with no improvement. It is either too
rich (black plugs) or too lean (constantly back firing and power is reduced)
and the MPG is still very poor.

I'll check the archives to night.

Thanx again for the help,
Jason G.