EFI on CBR1000FH

Kelvin Blair SPE at bigpond.com
Sat Mar 7 02:48:51 GMT 1998

Hi
I wish to introduce myself to the mail list.  I have a CBR1000FH engine
that I run in a speedway sidecar outfit and have just recently fitted a
MoTeC ECU.  I manufactured the throttle body using a rather unique rotary
disk (carbon fibre) setup over 2 ports.  That is 2 disks, 2 holes in each;
1 disk over two ports and a rotary action for opening/closing.  I used
Bosch 363 injectors, as I run Methanol, at 40deg from port CL. TPS is on an
intermediate shaft between the two carbon disk shafts.  Bosch air temp
sensor, GM MAP sensor, I used the original pulser coil setup on the crank
for REF and fitted a Hall Effect through the rocker cover and machined the
end of the cam to leave a raised portion for the SYNC.  Unfortunately I got
the system up and running and dynoed just before the state titles and
crashed on a very dangerous track (2nd corner first race) so I have not had
a lot of playing time but I am very impressed with it so far.  I also use a
GT101 Hall effect sensor for wheel speed, traction control.  I have found a
very cheap scource of robust hall effect sensors and would be interested to
hear from any one who has tips on hall effects.
For now
Kelvin Blair