junkyarding...

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Sun Mar 8 16:51:57 GMT 1998

At 01:38 PM 2/26/98 -0600, you wrote:

>1) How many folks here have purchased a complete
>OEM system (junkyard style)?  What did it cost
>you?  Preferably a sequential system of either
>Ford or GM origin.

I purchased a '89 GM TPI 5.7L engine complete with engine harness and ecm
for $900. I purchased a GM 5.7L TBI for about $200 both worked perfectly and
delivered exceptional performance without any modifications.

>2) Given similar tuning resources (obviously not
>true since most aftermarket is for the GM) which
>is the most adaptive and/or powerful system?

GM is the obvious choice due to their parts interchangability history and
replacable proms.

GMD
George M. Dailey
gmd at tecinfo.com