Timing light bulb test

Clare Snyder snyder at snyder.on.ca
Sun Mar 8 18:49:21 GMT 1998

HADA wrote:

> Kind of off list but, anybody have an easy test for a neon bulb? (timing
> light)
Who uses NEON timing lites today? you need to use them in a dark room.
Are you sure you do not have a Xenon tube? Neon glows an orange colour,
and can be tested by putting one side of the bulb in a 110 volt
receptacle. It should glow when you touch the other end of the bulb.
Both sides of the bulb will glow on AC, one side only on DC.

A Xenon tube is a bit more difficult - high voltage on bothe ends, and
then signal (ground I believe) on external terminal at centre of tube to
make bright blue flash.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!