pining,twin plugging,etc...

Alain Toussaint alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca
Tue Mar 10 23:33:33 GMT 1998

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Mike Dillon wrote:

> Hey Rob,
>
> 	It is not the current that degrade the wires over time it is
>  the peak voltage requied to get the plug to fire. So two wires would
>  not help but wires with thicker jacket will, but you sill have to
>  figure out how to keep the energy form leaking out from the terminals
>  and then your more likely to have problems with the cap and rotor.
>  I think the best way would be to use indiviual coils for each plug
>  with little of no wire, didn't someone have a coil that plugged directly
>  on to the end of a spark plug ?
>
> Mike

suzuki late bikes motor (both the 750 and the 600 cc) use this setup,but
one thing they enjoy (and not car) is very good airflow,i think the coil
would take a beating next to a header in a car (given there's less
airflow,but,i could be wrong on this).

Alain
p.s. 131 hp for a 3/4 liter 4 banger,what do you think of that ???